Music has an incredible power. It connects you to a memory, a person, a specific time or place. It has the ability to transport you to a past life, or evoke an emotion you didn't even realize you were carrying around with you.
Over the years I've collected songs that remind me of certain trips, certain cities, or even that remind me of travel in general. Some come from my own personal experience while others come from those stereotypical movie scenes where a car is driving down an open road in the middle of the desert.
Now that I'm back on the road again, going on mini adventures in places I haven't been, I find myself listening to those tunes on repeat.
So, I created a "Travel" playlist for myself.
Now, anytime I travel for work or pleasure, I always have that music that centers me in the present moment, and reminds me to enjoy whatever unknown I happen to be exploring.
1-"Big Hard Sun" - Eddie Veder
2. "Have Love, Will Travel" - The Sonics/Black Keys
3. "Take it Easy - The Eagles
4. "Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
5. "Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
6. "Africa" - Toto
7. "Don't Think Twice It's Alright" - Bob Dylan
8. "Hopeless Wanders" - Mumford and Sons (actually watch the music video if you haven't- it's hilarious)
9. "Elias" - Dispatch
10. "Running Down a Dream" - Tom Petty
11. "Long Black Road" - Electric Light Orchestra
12. "Fast Car" - Tracy Chapman
13. "I'm Gone, I'm Going" - Lesly Roy
14. "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out" - Yusuf/Cat Stevens
15. "Vienna" - Billy Joel
What are the travel songs that inspire you to go on your next adventure?
With love from Philly,